The Sonalksis CQ1 is a multi-band frequency-selective dynamics processor, allowing independent compression or expansion of four freely adjustable filter bands. Unlike typical multi-band compressors that are designed primarily to master composite program material, the CQ1 uses the principle of 'dynamic equalisation' and is therefore suitable for a much broader range of applications.
The 'frequency selective' processing employed by the CQ1 is far more sophisticated than standard 'frequency conscious' multi-band compression. The CQ1 greatly extends the possibilities of dynamics processors with the ability to refine specific frequency compression or expansion with unparalleled accuracy. Although it uses the same dynamic-EQ principle as the DQ1, the CQ1 is designed primarily to provide gentle or aggressive shaping of the signal dynamics in explicit frequency bands, rather than the subtle frequency sculpting of the DQ1.
In addition to general program compression/expansion, the CQ1 will find uses in applications that may otherwise present difficulties for less flexible processors, including Multi-source separation, High/Low frequency enhancement, Transient enhancement and De-essing or Pop/Squeak reduction.
For example if you want to reduce annoying guitar fret squeaks, tune the CQ1 side-chain filter to the squeak frequency, and centre a hi-Q notch with 'above threshold' compression; this will compress the squeak without removing any other unrelated frequencies. Or when you want to emphasise the percussive nature of an instrument without emphasising the entire mix, use the CQ1 tuned only to the fundamental instrument range, with 'above threshold' expansion, and you will achieve a transient enhancement effect.
- 4 independent bands of sophisticated yet intuitive frequency-selective compression or expansion
- Selectable above or below threshold (upwards or downwards) operation
- Sonalksis 'State-space' physical model ensures 'true analogue' response
- Definable maximum or minimum compression/expansion levels
- User preference set allows customisation for each user
- Definable side-chain filtering ensures any frequency can act as a trigger
- Zero latency: absolutely no internal delay whatsoever
- 64bit floating point internal precision throughout
- Ultra efficient processing, with specific optimisations for native processors
- Up to 192 kHz support
- VST and Audio Unit (32 and 64 bit)
Content copyright © 2022 Sienda Multimedia Ltd